Known issues in Stellarium 0.10.2
This page lists bugs and other issues specific to Stellarium 0.10.2 that are known to the community and/or the development team. The purpose of this list is to provide solutions and information about common problems, please report new bugs to the bug tracker.
Corrupt dialog boxes
This issue seems to affect ATI cards. Please see this page for details (and a screenshot of what it looks like).
Description: Pressing the Stop button in the Configuration/Scripts dialog causes Stellarium to freeze. Reported on Windows XP, Vista, and 7.
- Feedback forum - problem in 0.10.1
- Bug ID 2571821 - Windows XP, 0.10.1: Stopping a script freezes Stellarium
Status: Fixed in development code.
Solution: Use development version, or wait for next release (sorry!). We fixed it only just after the freeze for 0.10.2.
There is no Text User Interface (TUI)
Description: The TUI feature (used in planetariums) is not present in versions from 0.10.0 (beta) to 0.10.2. According to Fabien Chéreau, this feature should be recoded as a plugin. (source) As of March 2009, there is a development version of the plugin in the SVN repository (link).
- Feedback forum - 0.10.1 not functionally for use in planetariu
- Bug ID 2622956 - No TUI on "m" keypress
No landscape rendering
Description: Stellarium sometimes doesn't show the landscapes properly in Ubuntu Linux. This is easily fixed: The problem is located in this file ~/.config/Trolltech.conf (~ means /home/yourname so it is a file in a hidden map in your home file. In Nautilus you can unhide files and maps by pressing CTRL H together) You can delete the file and a new one is created when Stellarium is restarted. All should be working fine from now on.
This only applies in version 0.10.2. In version 0.10.4 the same happens sometimes with landscaped, but that needs another solution.
- Known issues in Stellarium 0.10.1
- Known issues in Stellarium 0.10.3
- Known issues in Stellarium 0.10.4
- Frequently Asked Questions
- User's Guide
- Feedback forum at SourceForge.net
- Bug tracker at SourceForge.net (for old bug reports)
- Launchpad's bug tracker. Please open new bug reports here - we are migrating our bug tracking to Launchpad.