Note: This page will replace the Scripts page when the new engine is complete, and the old page will be re-named.
As of version 0.10.1, Stellarium has a new scripting engine. This is currently in development (2009-04-04). It is possible to test the new scripting engine if you build the latest SVN Stellarium, although please bear in mind it is not yet complete and the API will most certainly change as development continues.
After building Stellarium itself from the SVN code, do "make apidoc" (you need Doxygen installed). This will create a directory: .../stellarium/builds/doc/html which contains the API documentation in HTML format or you follow this link Doxygen-API
From the Stellarium SVN repository:
- Demonstration of the custom labels scripting feature
- Partial lunar eclipse
- Total lunar eclipse
- Solar eclipse, 2009
- Adam Fenley's solar eclipse, 2017
- TBuschhardt's Hertzsprung-Russel-Diagramm - extract all 3 files into the script folder
- Solar eclipse in Germany 1999 - (english / deutsch)
- Simulation of arctic summer and arctic winter - (english / deutsch)
- Steve Tuttle's Analemma and Mars in Retrograde Scripts
- Opposition Scripts 11 Scripts in all. Scripts show oppositions of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. By Qam1
- Solar System Event Screen Saver Script does a slide show of various past, present and future events in the solar system such as notable oppositions, conjunctions, planet groupings, eclipses, transits, occultations, etc. 85 Events in all!!!! By Qam1
- Mars Closest Approaches Script displays Mars' closest approaches to Earth from 1561 to 3218. By Qam1
- Mercury and Venus Greatest Elongations Script displays Mercury and Venus' Greatest Elongations as seen from Earth. By Qam1
- Earth from Other Planets Scripts showing what Earth will look like from other planets in the solar system. 5 Scripts in all. By Qam1
1) Earth Best Views: Script contains the best date in the 21st century to view Earth from every other planet in the solar system and our moon. 2) Earth from Mercury: Script will show how, where and what Earth will look like during oppositions from Mercury. 3) Earth Oppositions from a floating city on Venus: Script will show how, where and what Earth will look like during oppositions from a floating city on Venus. 4) Earth From Mars: Script contains Earth's Greatest Elongations as seen from the surface of Mars for the entire 21st century. 5) Earth from Jupiter: Script contains Earth's Greatest Elongations as seen from Jupiter in the 21st century
- Mercury: Triple Sunrise and Sunset all in one solar day Due to the quirks in Mercury's orbit and rotation at certain spots the sun will rise & set 3 different times in one Mercury day. By Qam1
- What's out tonight Shows information about selected objects, used as looped introduction at public observing events. Right now just for October 2010.