I tried for several days to authenticate my email address, after creating an account, but with no luck. After arriving to the email confirmation page and clicking on the button, the page updates and says that a confirmation message was sent to my email address, but i never received any of them.
Could you please check if the system is working correctly, or if the confirmation emails are bouncing back?
Thanks --Nicfagn 12:26, 5 October 2006 (PDT)
- This Mediawiki installation runs on Sourceforge servers, and they've disabled e-mail being sent from their servers due to abuse by others. Authenticating the e-mailaddress, why is that necessary? I'm just asking, it's been a while since I installed this wiki, and I'm not all that familiar with everything --jome 02:26, 8 October 2006 (PDT)
- Oh right, found it. Getting notice from page changes by e-mail is not possible, I'm afraid.--jome 02:27, 8 October 2006 (PDT)
- Thanks for the answer, so I can stop pushing that confirm email button...;-) I thought it was a useful function for tracking specific pages, but since I discovered the Recent changes page (I'm new to wikis) I can live without it.
- Anyway, It would be very useful, for stubborn users like me, if the confirm email page didn't say that the mail was successfully sent but correctly explained that the service has been disabled...
- Thanks--Nicfagn 00:29, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
Chinese Homepage Translation
Hi. I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I'll ask anyway. The content written here is a little bit out of date... It did not mention new features in 0.9.0. What should I do if I want to update it? Also, since the package on Soruceforge does not include a Chinese font the instruction is difficult to follow for beginners, I made a a package that can install and configure the font for them. Is it possible for the link to be included on the (translated) homepage? A disclaimer can be included if needed.
Reply:Chinese Homepage Translation
Hi,Johan! The Chinese Homepage is really out of date. And I just download and run the latest 0.10.2, in the Chinese Culture there are some mistakes maybe. Xing Guan / Xing Gong charactor is possibly wrong.I wish I could do something. I'm new here and I need your help.I 've left a message on your contact page. Waiting for your reply...