- default catalogue of over 600,000 stars
- extra catalogues with more than 210 million stars
- asterisms and illustrations of the constellations
- constellations for 20+ different cultures
- images of nebulae (full Messier catalogue)
- realistic Milky Way
- very realistic atmosphere, sunrise and sunset
- the planets and their satellites
- a powerful zoom
- time control
- multilingual interface
- fisheye projection for planetarium domes
- spheric mirror projection for your own low-cost dome
- all new graphical interface and extensive keyboard control
- telescope control
- equatorial and azimuthal grids
- star twinkling
- shooting stars
- eclipse simulation
- supernovae simulation
- skinnable landscapes, now with spheric panorama projection
- plugin system adding artifical satellites, ocular simulation, telescope configuration and more
- ability to add new solar system objects from online resources...
- add your own deep sky objects, landscapes, constellation images, scripts...
- Stellarium 0.13.2 and 0.12.5 has been released!
- Stellarium 0.13.1 has been released!
- Stellarium 0.13.0 has been released!
- Call to translators
- We need an Microsoft Windows builder discussion
- Linux/Unix; Windows XP and above; OS X 10.7.4 and above
- 3D graphics card which supports OpenGL 2.1
- 256 MiB RAM
- 150 MiB on disk
- Linux/Unix; Windows 7 and above; OS X 10.8.5 and above
- 3D graphics card which supports OpenGL 3.1 and above
- 1 GiB RAM or more
- 1.5 GiB on disk
Project coordinator: Fabien Chéreau
Doc author/developer: Matthew Gates
Geliştirici: Bogdan Marinov, Alexander Wolf, Timothy Reaves, Guillaume Chéreau, Georg Zotti, Ferdinand Majerech, Jörg Müller, Marcos Cardinot
Continuous Integration: Hans Lambermont
Tester: Barry Gerdes, Khalid AlAjaji
and everyone else in the community.
You can learn more about Stellarium, get support and help the project from these links:
- mailing list
- user's guides
- developers documentation
- get support
- report bugs, request new features
- development progress
- older releases
The latest development snapshot of Stellarium is kept in Bazaar, a distributed revision control system. If you want to compile development versions of Stellarium, this is the place to get the source code.
supporters and friends
Stellarium is produced by the efforts of the developer team, with the help and support of the following people and organisations.